Snowy Day



















A very snowy day called for a really cosy coat and scarf combination. When I saw this pastel checked River Island scarf, I couldn't believe how well it matched with my coat. The blue coat River Island coat has definitely been my favourite for wrapping up this winter.. I love the cocoon shape with slightly cropped sleeves and the pastel colour is so different from your usual dull black or grey winter coat. I feel that sometimes cocoon style coats can drown me a bit, but the length of the coat and the sleeves makes this one more flattering than most others. The collar adds really nice detail, and allows you to wear a scarf over the outside without it looking out of place. I would normally always wear heeled boots with this outfit, but since the ground was covered in snow I thought I would go with a more practical flat boot. You can't really see them for being covered in snow, but they are black pointed boots that I purchased recently in the Dorothy Perkins sale, and are extremely comfortable and surprisingly warm! I would definitely recommend having a look at their selection of boots, as they have some really on trend styles at very reasonable prices. Underneath, I'm wearing a polo neck jumper which I'm finding myself wearing a lot more often than I thought I would. They are amazing for layering, and add that little extra bit of warmth to an outfit, so if you haven't already, definitely invest! Primark have a good selection of colours and they're only £5, they'll be great for wearing with jeans come spring. 

Coat - River Island 
Bag - Primark 

Comments